Thursday, January 29, 2009

He's doing well!

Byron's surgery went well but it was very long - 8.5 hrs. Uggh. They
got all 3 tumors out but one broke open and spilled, which could be
bad. All the more reason for chemo to follow. Hopefully it was all dead tissue - they will do pathology and we
will soon know if the chemo was working. They had to remove a vein
completely and part of an artery, so he will have leg swelling for a
month or so until things repair and reroute. All of his organs are
intact and that is very good news. So all in all, it was a very
successful surgery. They let me see him around 10 PM last night and
he was very out of it - hopefully he'll mostly sleep for the next
couple of days. I'm off to the hospital now - yea!
Thanks for all of your love and support. We had a great weekend and I will be putting up some pictures from his shows this weekend soon.

2 comments:

Jill said...

8.5 hours? wow. wow.

I'm glad it went well, and many continued good thoughts for Byron's recovery.

hang in there Kathy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Kim Lung sent us the link to your blog and I just wanted to say that I think of you often and have you both in my prayers. I know you are both fighting the good fight and will emerge victorious on the other end. Life has a way of testing us and I know you will pass this test with an A+++ (yes, that's still the teacher in me!)

No need to respond; just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.

All my prayers,
Jerrilyn