Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Re-evaluating the Plan

So we saw the oncologist today and unfortunately, the mass appears to be bigger despite the 2 rounds of chemo. This could be a sign that the tumor is dying, and that would be good, so they will do a PET scan Friday to get more info about that. We will also chat with the surgeon Monday. After that, it's back to the oncologist on the 20th to finalize the plan. Until then, no chemo for Byron. At least he doesn't have to go right back to the hospital.
This weekend is Second Saturday, and Byron will be playing with Victor at the Weatherstone. Victor is a great guitarist and Byron loves playing with him. I have a few pieces hanging at Vox's new West Sac location, as do Deb & Omar, who I expect will be joining us this weekend. I hear Sideshow has a great ceramics and textiles show, and lots of friends will be showing at the Body Tribe in the bird show. Maybe we'll see you out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omar and I will be there - plan on driving out on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy and Byron,
Thank you for the news. Alice, Liz and I read the blog and will keep checking in. I know you both know how much we care about you and that we are keeping you in our prayers.

mmr said...

I am crushed about the news, but know things will turn around, Byron. Keep the faith and know how much you are loved!!!!!

mmr said...

And again, thanks for being Byron's angel, Kathy!!!

Jill said...

thank you for the update Kathy. I'm so sorry this wasn't exactly the news you wanted to hear, but I'm optimistic that you guys will get through this!

all my good thoughts and prayers are with both you and Byron.

Look forward to seeing you.

xx

Jill

Anonymous said...

I'll see you guys there too. I'm going to be playing. We're going to use the healing power of music. It always makes you feel better.
-Tom

shawn said...

Hey I will keep checking your blog. I am always thinking positive thoughts for you both. I love ya!

Your cousin

Shawn